CallRail is a service that tracks and manages your phone leads, helping you to determine which marketing campaigns are driving quality leads. CallRail is perfect for small business owners, multi-location businesses, and anyone who relies on quality inbound calls to grow. That’s why we use it for our own agency, which has given us a great advantage in the market. CallRail will give your marketing efforts an entirely new level of sophistication, intelligence, and clarity. You will need to install CallRail to complete future tasks in The Marketing Box series.
Why It’s Important To Use CallRail
CallRail’s most important feature is that it allows you to record both inbound and outbound calls to capture every conversation between your team and your patients. Recorded calls help you gather valuable feedback, as well as understand the types of questions your existing and potential patients ask when they contact your dental office. Most importantly, listening to calls allows you to assess how your team is interacting with those calling in. You can then provide tailored feedback to individual employees to ensure they each provide only the highest level of professionalism and warmth when someone is contacting your practice.
Getting Started With CallRail
While all of the plans listed on Callrail will be compatible with our strategy we suggest you start with the plan listed as “Call Tracking”. As you progress your strategies as a DIY marketer, we may look into upgrading to a higher plan. For now, this plan is more than enough.
- Click the button above to sign up for CallRail using the email address associated with your Google My Business listing and Analytics account.
- You will create phone numbers to track calls from your website. To do this, select “Create Number”.
- Select “I’ll use it online“.
- Select “On my website”.
- Select “Calls, Keywords, and Web sessions”.
- Create a number pool.
- Update the name of the tracking pool.
- Change the amount of phone numbers to 4.
- Enter your office phone number.
- Tracking Options > Select the recommended, “All visitors”.
- Choose phone numbers > Select the closest area code available for use.
- You will want to activate the “Call Recording” option.
- After activating the tracking number, select “Setup Dynamic Number Insertion“.
- On the next page, there will be code provided that will need to be copied and installed in Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager was set up in task number 9 of this box. So if you have not yet done this, go back and make sure it’s up and running before we continue.
- In a new tab go to http://TagManager.Google.com and sign in with your Tag Manager login information.
- Select your Tag Manager account.
- Select “Tags” in the menu to the left, then click “New” in the top right corner.
- Create the new Tag name, “CallRail,” in the top left corner, then click “Choose a tag type to begin setup.”
- Scroll down and select “Custom HTML” as the tag type.
- Remember the code you received from CallRail during step 10? Enter that here.
- When you save the tag, you will be prompted to add a trigger. Select “Add trigger,” then “All pages.”
- Now, save your work in the top right corner of the page and click “Submit.”
- Create a version name. In this case, “CallRail” works well. Then click “Publish.”
- Finally, go to your website and refresh the page by pressing F5 several times.
- You should now see a new phone number on your website. If you have any issues, go to https://Support.CallRail.com for additional support or speak to one of our experts about the troubles you are having at your monthly meeting.
Place A Test Call
To confirm CallRail works as intended, we recommend placing a test call to the tracking number you just created. To do this, use a phone that is different than your destination phone number, such as your cell phone. When you dial the tracking number, the destination phone should start ringing, and you’ll know all setup steps were successful!
Congratulations, you have now successfully Set-Up and Installed CallRail! In the next box (The Marketing Box 2) we are going to help you review recorded calls. We will also provide you with inside information on how to perfect telephonic interactions to increase patient acquisition.