In Box 1 we showed you how to boost a Facebook post. Now it’s time to take out the big guns and propel your social media advertising abilities to a whole new level! Facebook Ads Manager will be needed for future tasks in the Marketing Box series.
Facebook Ads Manager is an all-in-one tool for creating ads, managing when and where they’ll run, and tracking how well your ad campaigns are performing. It is important to keep track of which ads are performing well and why. Once you know what it is working the best, you can tailor your ads to get the best bang for your buck! Ads Manager allows you to run ads on multiple advertising platforms owned by Facebook, including Instagram.
Getting the hang of Facebook Ads Manager might be overwhelming at first. However, learning how to correctly set up your ads account pays off for both your Facebook and Instagram dental marketing strategies in the long run. In other words, putting in the time to figure out this skill will be worth it. Don’t forget, you also have your monthly meeting to ask our experts some questions if you find yourself struggling with Facebook Ads Manager tasks.
Why You Need Facebook Ads Manager
- Facebook Ads Offers In-Depth Analytics.
There are practically no limits to the amount of analytics and reports Facebook Ads Manager can provide about the performance of your ads. There’s no need to “hope for the best” on how your paid marketing efforts are doing as Facebook will provide you with even the finest details, from conversion rates to the social metrics of those viewing your ad.
In other words, there is no guessing with Facebook advertising as the results are measurable. All the information you need is neatly organized right there within Ads Manager. All you have to do is analyze that data and determine your next step, or show it to our experts during your monthly meeting for some advice.
- You Can Micro-Target Your Exact Audience.
Facebook Ads Manager is a great way to help you to find and connect with potential patients and increase your brand awareness in a targeted approach.
Facebook’s targeting capabilities are among the best and will be highly beneficial when it comes to patient conversions. You can target based on interests, behaviors, demographics, age ranges, connections, careers, locations, or languages. You can even target your competitors’ audience! Sneaky, sneaky…
Targeting is important because it allows you to eliminate users who aren’t in your target market (henceforth, allowing you to get the most out of your advertising dollars). Remember, when it comes to online marketing, it’s not about the size of your audience, it’s about the quality of engagement. We want action and engagement that results in a viewer recognizing you as a memorable and trustworthy brand – a brand they will remember when they have a toothache or need a cleaning.
- Facebook Advertising is Inexpensive.
Relative to other forms of online advertising (e.g. Google), Facebook ads give you a lot of value for your money, if you know how to target and create them (which we are going to cover in Task 9 of this Box).
- Facebook Ads Allow You to Remarket to Potential Patients Who Have Previously Interacted With You.
Have you ever spent time looking for something on Amazon, left without making a purchase, then saw a Facebook ad for that product shortly after? This is no coincidence!
Remarketing is an advertising tactic which can dramatically boost brand recognition and your patient conversion rate. Remarketing, as simple as it sounds, allows you to advertise to recent website visitors. If, for instance, a potential patient spends some time on your website and leaves without contacting you, you can “reengage” them via Facebook ads.
Facebook Pixel is also an incredible tool when it comes to retargeted marketing and tracking who’s visiting your website. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves, there will be more on that later, as we will teach you how to set up Facebook Pixel after creating your Facebook Ads Manager account!
- Facebook Advertising Increases Website Traffic.
One of the most important things to do as a dental marketer is to get potential patients to your website. Facebook advertising is a great way to boost your website traffic. With a call-to-action button on a post or running a website click campaign, you can target your audience and send them to your website. With how cost-effective Facebook Ads are at generating traffic to your website, it can be a quite beneficial tool.
How to Create A Facebook Ads Manager Account
Before you can get started in Ads Manager, you’ll need a Facebook business Page. We covered this in Box 1, remember? If you have not created a Facebook Business page you should go back and create one now. By doing this, Facebook will automatically create an Ads Manager Account for your business page. Ready? Let’s do this!
Log In And Confirm Ad Account Details
- Log in to Facebook with the account that is linked to your dental office’s Business Page.
- Go to your Ad account settings to provide the necessary information to start running ads. This will include your Account Name, Time Zone, Currency, Business Name, Address, etc. Be sure to fill in all of this information and double-check accuracy. When you are finished, click “Save Changes”.
- Next, you will need to set up your payment information. You can choose to pay with a credit or debit card, or a Facebook ad coupon. Be sure to have your method of payment ready to go before we continue. When you’re ready, hover your mouse over to the left bar and click on “Payment Settings”. On this page, you will be able to set up your payment method, set an account spending limit, view receipts, see how much money has been spent, and how much money is owed. This will be handy in the future to keep track of your monthly spending budget.
You should also know that Facebook will charge your card automatically as you run ads. You will receive email notifications whenever your account is billed. They are great at communicating costs and what is owed, so don’t worry about being billed without your knowledge.
- As you see, there is currently no payment method on the Payment Settings, so let’s add one. Click on “Add Payment Method”. Here you will simply need to add the card information as you would when paying online. Click “Continue” when finished and it will take you back to the Payment Settings page.
And that’s it! You are now the proud new owner of a Facebook Ads Manager account. If you have some time to do the next two tasks you should stick around and do them now. Next, we are looking at how to set up Facebook Pixel, and then we are going to run your first 3 targeted Facebook Ads from your new account! I hope you’re ready because it’s about to get wild… (from a digital marketing perspective that is)…