In the dental marketing world, there are certain ways to layout your website’s front page so that users can interact with it effortlessly. This blog post by Pain-Free Dental Marketing will help you do exactly that. It will also help implement some search engine optimization to make sure you appear higher than your competitors on search engines such as Google and Bing. Remember, your website landing page, in most cases, will be the first thing potential patients interact with which is why we want to make sure it’s as optimized as can be to ensure patient conversions.
P.S. If you do not know how to make these changes, you will need to speak to your website developer. Simply ask them to follow this list and make sure all of these optimizations are applied to your website.
Optimizing Your Website Home Page Checklist
- Pick 3 cities to target and make sure that they are mentioned in the first paragraph of your website and the footer of the page. This will help with search engine optimization and improve the likelihood of your practice showing up in a search engine when a potential patient looks for a dentist in that area.
- Put the most important items within 1 scroll of the initial page. This will include your location, contact number, pictures of your practice, and the services you provide. Fifty percent of people never make it past one scroll down so it’s important to provide all the information they might need within the first few glances.
- Pick the 5 primary services your office offers on your homepage (Invisalign, veneers, family dentistry, etc). Even if you have 25 different services, you should include your 5 main services on your homepage. Also, make sure you include the most popular services to increase the likelihood of potential patients seeing that you offer what they are looking for.
- Write 500-1000 words in total for your homepage. Remember what we said about people enjoying video more than reading? This applies to your website too. You should definitely have some text, but you don’t want so much that it takes 5 minutes to get to the bottom of the page.
- First H1 (Heading 1) or Largest Words on the page should be SEO terms or SEO statements, such as “Family Dentistry in [Insert City]” OR “Best Dental Implants [Insert City]”. Basically, if you could only use 5-7 words to describe what you do and where you do it to Google, what would those words be. This will help with how high you appear on Google search results.
- Make sure that the content on your homepage speaks to your practice’s personality while also discussing the services you offer.
- Know that most people will NEVER read your content. 90% of this effort is for Google Search results. Video will always take precedence.
- CTAs!!! (Call to Actions, i.e., Call Now, Contact Us, etc). This is extremely important as you don’t want a potential patient to get frustrated because they can’t find a call-to-action button. The reason they are on your site is to contact you, so make it as easy as possible.
- Use organic content like practice photos and videos. If you completed the last task in this box and hired a photographer to take some professional pictures of your practice, services, and staff, you should have awesome new content that’s ready to wow potential patients. Select pictures of your front office, team, or dental facilities, and make sure a picture carousel shows them off on your landing page.
- Use brand colors and aesthetically appealing designs. You want your website to match your brand with a professional look that is more appealing to potential patients.
- Make sure there are NO broken links! Broken links refer to links on your website that don’t work and provide an error when clicked on.
- Promote your USP (unique selling proposition… what makes you different?). We spoke about your USP in the very first task you did for the Marketing Box. To capture a potential patient’s attention, make sure you promote your USP as soon as possible.
You are now optimized for success and ready for action. By making these changes you are increasing both the potential to be found on search engines and to make sure you convert potential patients! In the next blog, we are going to help you get even more patients to your website by running a patient reactivation campaign. Stay tuned!
The Marketing Box
This blog post on “How-To Optimize Your Website Homepage” is a glimpse into The Marketing Box by Pain-Free Dental Marketing. The Marketing Box is a perfectly curated Do-It-Yourself dental marketing series. It provides you with all of the strategies and tactics of a dental marketing agency, without all the costs.